So you’ve decided to take an online course, also known as an ecourse. Many of us have the best intentions and they seem to fall flat a week or two into the course. If we are lucky, we may last a bit longer AND if we have some great tools, we can do even better and successfully complete the course we committed to. Here are some tips I have found to be most helpful.
Tips for Your Success
- Get plenty of sleep. I know, you’re wondering why I’d feel a need to point out the obvious. This is one of those BFO’s – Blinding Flashes of Obvious and YET how many of us don’t do it? You probably have a lot going on. Life is busy. The more refreshed you can be, the more in the groove you can get. Ideas will flow, you’ll feel inspired and motivated – it makes a huge difference.
- Set up a physical space – doesn’t matter how big or small – that you can do your work each week. If you can leave your stuff set up and organized, it will be easier for you to get things done each week.
- Make sure that space has everything you need. I recommend both lined and unlined paper, pens, pencils, maybe your favorite markers. This will be a creative process so have a little assortment of creative supplies ready to go.
- Make the time. Set up time on your calendar for study/homework. Don’t let other things get in the way of this time. It must be a priority.
- Clear energetic space. Be clear about why you are doing this and how it will support you in moving forward in your life. Allow space for you to absorb all the course has to offer you.
- Ask for help. If you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed, share with your group. They are there to support you.
- Do your best to stay on track but don’t sweat it if you find yourself slipping. It’s all perfect and we all work differently. Just keep moving forward.
- If you find something that is really helpful with your process, share it with your group. You never know who else might benefit from it.
- Please share anything you are comfortable sharing with your group. Ask for feedback. Ask questions. Share your challenges and your successes. This provides a sense of accountability and connection.
- Assume your group conversations are sacred space so what is shared there, stays there – kind of like Vegas. It needs to be a safe space for all.
- Keep your eye on the prize…remember why you signed up to begin with. What is this course going to do for you? What are you going to get out of it?
- Enjoy the process!
eCourses and online learning can be rewarding experiences. You have access to some of the best resources around the world instead of just in your own neighborhood. Take advantage of what’s out there and be sure to create space with the tips above to ensure your success.
Looking for more content like this?
Here’s a few posts we also thought you’d enjoy:
Want to Pin it? Use this image ⤵️