These are 20 tips to increase your blog’s visibility.
- Keep it simple. Focus on the facts and a few eye catching elements.
- Always think of your visitors when building your site.
- Create solid Meta Tags and limit how much you repeat words in your Keyword Meta Tag.
- Use important keywords in your headers.
- Make small changes on each page every few months to keep the content fresh.
- Make sure your content has value.
- Avoid distracting elements such as scrolling text, animated GIFs, or sound.
- Avoid pop-ups.
- Keep backgrounds simple and if you really want to use an image, consider fading it so it is more of a watermark.
- Think about how you want to organize your site and what will make sense to your visitors.
- Minimize the number of clicks required to get information.
- Avoid scrolling if at all possible.
- Make sure your images are web optimized.
- Limit lines of text to about 600 pixels wide so they are easier to read.
- Use a spell checker.
- Save the underlining for links.
- Put your contact information on every page.
- The best domain matches your business name and ends in .com.
- Add alt text to all images.
- Brand your site to match all other marketing materials.
Looking for more content like this?
Here’s a few posts we also thought you’d enjoy:
Want to Pin it? Use this image ⤵️