EXPAND YOUR COMFORT ZONE IN 6 STEPS
We tend to avoid discomfort at all costs. In fact, it’s the biggest limiting factor for most of us. If you could handle discomfort better, you would never procrastinate, never quit a diet, exercise every day, and complete everything you ever wanted to accomplish.
Follow this process to become more comfortable with discomfort and set yourself free:
• Start with something that’s difficult, but not too challenging
• Continue to push a little further the next time. Each time you work through a little more discomfort, it gets easier.
• When the going gets rough, take a deep breath and force yourself to smile
• Observe your discomfort. By simply observing and not becoming emotionally involved with your discomfort, you’ll likely notice that your discomfort lessens.
• Push through a little discomfort. Avoid letting yourself quit anything the first time you get the urge to stop.
• Start slowly. You can always add a little bit of time or extra challenge each week.