Because Lodestone Dynamics LLC dba Be Inspired Design (hereinafter referred to as Lodestone) respects your time and energy and wants to provide the best service possible, we have developed the following policies. These policies allow us to do what we do best and keep our rates affordable while helping you to understand the process as well as allowing you to focus on what you do best. We value our client relationships and want to make sure there are no surprises or misunderstandings during the process. Please let us know in advance if you have any questions or concerns.
We offer a complimentary initial 20-minute phone consultation for first time clients, if needed. Additional time is billed at the rate of $100/hour and is due at the time of the consultation. An appointment must be made for the consultation and a brief intake form will be supplied and must be completed prior to scheduling the appointment so we have a general understanding of the project.
The initiation of all projects require a signed contract as well as payment in accordance with the terms outlined in the contract.
Project Timeliness Requirements and Penalties
Be Inspired Design cannot complete a project if the client does not provide content (for example, the text and/or photos to be used) or other required elements (pre-existing logo or account login information, etc.). If we are waiting for content or other pieces of information, the client will be notified. If the client fails to handle the requests in a timely manner, the project may be delayed. Additionally, it interrupts the flow of the project and often creates a feeling of needing to start over which potentially takes more time and costs more money. In order to keep projects on track, Be Inspired Design has the following policies:
- All content and other required elements are to be received within ten business days of the project initiation.
- If the client has not submitted all content and other required elements within 30 days of the project initiation, client will be billed the lesser of 5% of the total project cost or $30 for each month the project is delayed.
- If the client-driven delays continue, Be Inspired Design will complete as much of the project as possible without the missing elements. In order to keep all accounts current, Be Inspired Design will bill for the completed project and add missing elements later as they are received.
- If more than 60 days have passed and the client still has not submitted the remaining missing content, Be Inspired Design will consider the project complete in its entirely and any future work will be billed at the current hourly rate.
How Content May Be Submitted
All content must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on CD mailed to Be Inspired Design, Attn: Michele Bergh, 121 83rd Avenue NE, #309, Fridley, MN 55432. Text must be selectable as actual text rather than as a flattened image. All text and images must be clearly labeled with how and where they are to be used. For website projects, text and images must be clearly labeled with the page they will be displayed on. Any content mailed to Be Inspired Design will not be returned.
Ownership and Copyright
All text and photos used as content in project must be provided by the client. The client must have ownership or written permission to use all content he/she provides for use. It is up to each client to ensure his/her design and/or content does not infringe on any trademark, service mark, or copyright. Be Inspired Design is not responsible for intellectual property infringements on behalf of clients.
How Revisions Are Handled
We take pride in providing attractive designs, and the vast majority of our clients are extremely pleased with the design we create for them. However, design is a subjective art, and not everyone’s tastes are the same. While we will gladly make initial minor modifications for no additional charge (as specified in our quote), it is important to be clear on how revisions to the look of a design are handled. The design information provided prior to the start of the project as well as the information included in the quote/contract describes the look a commissioned design project will achieve. Design preferences should be specified at that time, prior to the commencement of any design work. If any design preference stated prior to the start of the project are not met, the adjustments will be made free of charge. If the client develops preferences or changes his/her mind after the completion of the work, adjustments will be made at our hourly rate of $100.
Standard terms of payment are as follows:
- All fees are payable up front, prior to projects being placed on the calendar.
- Monthly payment plans are not available on reoccurring billing such as hosting unless otherwise noted.
- Late fees will be assessed on all accounts not paying in full by due date in the amount of 10% of the total due with a minimum of $15, with the exception of invoices for domain renewals only. New projects will have 3 days from the date invoice date to make payment. At this point, the invoice will be cancelled if services have not started or, if services have begun, a late fee will be assessed in the amount of 10% of the total due with a minimum of $15.
- Domain renewal invoices not paid by the due date will be removed from auto-renew and allowed to expire. If your domain is attached to a website, your site will go down when the domain expires and you will still be responsible for any hosting fees. If your domain is not attached to a website, upon payment of a $20 admin fee plus any fees required by ICANN, you will be given an authorization key to move your domain to a new registrar, if you choose to keep it. Keep in mind, the redemption period is limited by ICANN and not in my control and domains that expire have a small redemption period prior to a $250 fee being added. After a period of time, the domain will not be available to purchase again for several months.
- All payments are non-refundable unless otherwise noted.
- Our accepted method of payment is PayPal. This allows the client to use several modes of payment, based on their choice, without having to set up a PayPal account. Please note, if using an electronic check for payment in PayPal, there is a waiting period for this check to clear and the account is not considered paid in full until it clears.
Be Inspired Design reserves the right to modify these terms as needed.
We take pride in offering high quality services and professional customer service. While we make an effort to ensure every aspect of our service is to the client’s liking, we cannot control every variable. It is up to each client to regularly test the functionality of his/her website, email, and any other product or service to ensure everything works as desired. If any problem is discovered or error has been made, please report the problem to us within 5 days of completion so we may take appropriate action. We cannot be responsible for perceived loss of revenue under any circumstances. Content changes resulting from a client’s error and/or problems related to third party vendors or technology, such as hosting servers or browser software may result in additional charges.
Third Party Vendors
Third party vendors may have separate terms of service agreements. Be Inspired Design cannot be held liable for disputes with third party vendors. Be Inspired Design cannot be held responsible for lack of functionality or any other aspect of third party services.
Ownership of Design
Upon completion of a custom design project and payment of any and all fees due, the client is the owner of the commissioned work. The client may continue to use the work as they see fit. The client does not have the right to resell the design to other companies.
Termination of Services/Project Cancellation
If the client changes his/her mind about doing work with Be Inspired Design during the course of the project, the client will be responsible for the amount of work already completed or forfeiture of any fees/deposits due prior to the date the termination is received, whichever is greater. If fees/deposits are past due, client is liable for this amount. If the client has requested project be complete within a specified period of time, the client may also be liable for future time designated for the project as other projects would be turned down for this time frame. In order to protect clients from unintentional service interruption, clients wishing to terminate any services must request the service termination in writing. No refunds are offered on any services for any reason. All cancellations require a 30 day written notice. You must receive a confirmation from Be Inspired Design received your request.
Refusal of Service
Be Inspired Design reserves the right to decline to do business with any client for any reason.
Changes to Terms of Service
Be Inspired Design reserves the right to change these terms of service at any time for any reason.
Website Specific Policies
Ownership of Website Domain Name
Website domain names are leased from domain registration companies. When Be Inspired Design registers a domain name for a client, that registration will be made under Be Inspired Design. Upon payment of any outstanding fees, the client has the right to use that name as they see fit, regardless of where they host. Domain name can be transferred into client’s name upon request and payment of any outstanding fees.
How Website Service Requests Are Handled
Clients may send update requests via the form on our website. Routine service which fits into the allotted time specified in the client’s service plan is typically completed within three business days. If a client on a website service plan requests more than the scheduled amount of service , he/she will be given a quote and, if approved, the additional work will be completed at the same discounted rate specified in their service plan and the turnaround time will be based on workload issues.
Clients who are not on any service plan may request website updates at the full $100/hour rate and the turnaround time will be based on workload issues.
Monthly service plan fees are separate from hosting fees and may be canceled at any time once the contract has been met (minimum 90 day contract, 30 days notice to terminate required). Request to cancel must be made in writing.
Website maintenance includes keeping plugins and WordPress up-to-date on a monthly basis as well as providing an emailed backup copy of your site once a month. It is your responsibility to download the backup to a safe place as we do not keep copies of the backup from month-to-month. This is available at an additional cost for all current hosting clients.